TAIWAN - DAY 2

by - 4:27 AM

2 O 1 7 a d v e n t u r e t o T a i w a n
- f a m i l y t r i p -

D A Y 2 / F E B / 2 1 / T U E S


Few years ago, I watched this Taiwan movie titled "Secret - 不能说的秘密" by chance. I definitely have this movie on my list and watched it like thousands of times. This was one of the reasons why I wanted to travel Taiwan - to visit the places appeared in the movie. Day 2 is about my journey to Tamsui[淡水] and in my memory it was the best day in Taiwan. We expected to wear raincoats during our whole trip because it was forecasted to rain throughout the week, but it turned out to be such a beautiful day.

淡水 | 士林夜市



Carrefour[家乐福] was near from our accommodation, so it was quite irresistible to not go there. Before shopping, first thing to do was to have a cup of milk tea and I got obsessed with this matcha milk tea until the end of my trip. I literally would go back just to drink milk tea every day :)


h e a d i n g t o T a m s u i
  easycard 交通卡

on my way to Tamsui


It was so convenient to go to different places in Taipei because of the subway. I thought Seoul's subway was pretty comfortable to use for either the citizens or the foreigners, but I totally changed my mind after my trip. The lines are extremely well-organized that you'll never get lost when you have to transfer or find the right lines. I was so impressed by the subway system in Taiwan👍 



After eating lunch near Tamsui Station, we headed to 红毛城, also known as Fort San Domingo. And it was the perfect day to walk and roam around unfamiliar places where we've never been to for the whole day.

took 红26 bus
that handle looked so adorable
淡水 → 红毛城

And we are here! The tickets to enter 红毛城 costs NT 80 and 60 for children under 6. Whenever I had to speak Chinese, I pretended to be calm, but I was tremendously shaking inside my mind. However, the feeling that I got when they understood what I was actually talking about, could never be described by words. I quite got goose bumps when I succeeded buying these tickets. I was so proud of myself! :)



 红毛城
真好看
This place was beautiful above my expectation. It's such a lovely place to take photos and you can even get inside and see this building's history and interiors. I and my family took bunch of pictures to capture some moments since we love to reminisce later and go over all the photos we took. 

 french window
 chandelier

green carpet
Tamsui Oxford Univ. College
淡水的大学
We also visited this University located right beside the Fort San Domingo. It was one of the bijou universities I've seen. Then we headed to the riverside ↣

 with sissy
 circles



在淡水老街
有名的蛋糕 - sponge cake
I was lucky to see the sunset before I left the Tamsui Station. I was so thankful for such a wonderful weather, day, sunset and all the memories we brought back. 

For dinner, we went to Shilin Night Market right after since it was comparatively near from the Tamsui Station(same red line). 


Even though I was too tired from too much walking, my appetite never went away. I had to feed myself to regain energy so that I could explore more places. Although the schedule for the day was quite tough, I had so much fun, so no regrets at all!

 came back with these cute things
childhood favorites + current favorites
a little bit of sweetness at the end of the day

I totally recommend Tamsui & Shilin Night Market for a "must-go" places in Taiwan.
Day 2 was insane, but I definitely loved it!
(and I swear Day 3 will be as exciting and amazing as Day 2)




You May Also Like

26 comments

  1. Looks like such a supreme trip! How nice the weather ended up being BETTER than you imagined? How often does that happen! Good karma at work there :)

    XOXO
    kellmenow | bit.ly/2mAWBu3
    Instagram | https://www.instagram.com/kell_menow/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were so lucky to have such a nice day! Thank you!:)

      Delete
  2. You take gorgeous photos! xx And those desserts are tempting me, I'm so hungry! x
    Lots of love,
    Marina Rosie xx
    http://marinawriteslife.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks you! Taiwan's desserts are so affordable yet so good!
      Hope you're having a wonderful day xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. You must! There are so many things to explore :)

      Delete
  4. omg when I was in Taiwan, I got a lot of bubble tea from 50嵐 and sometimes from other places as well. I always wanted to try the matcha bubble tea, but they were always out! // I have a friend who can never stop raving about Taiwan's subway system whenever he goes back to visit :P // yesss night markets <33 -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That matcha bubble tea was literally the "best tea" ever!! I could drink that everyday, of course :) Hope you're having a lovely day <3

      Delete
  5. I love Tamsui, its one of my favourite areas in Taipei!

    Tiffany
    www.thelookingglassbyty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do to! Tamsui was so beautiful. Can't wait for my next visit!

      Delete
  6. I am loving all of these photos, that drink looks so good!
    xo
    www.laurajaneatelier.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to visit Taiwan too one day!

    ANOUK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it there! Have a wonderful day xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful photos!! Looks like an amazing place! :)

    http://www.alifyalifestyle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, fantastic photos! You are definitely awakening my wanderlust! Have a lovely day, Iga www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so sweet of you! Thank you xx

      Delete
  10. These are really pretty photos!

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear! Hope you're having a nice day xoxo

      Delete
  11. It's such a nice trip and so much fun! Definitely want to go to Taiwan!

    http://violettedaily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really was! You'll love it when you visit Taiwan.
      Hope you're having wonderful day!:)

      Delete
  12. We were just in Taiwan in November 2016 and it was amazing! Sadly we didn't get to visit other places except for Taipei. Hoping to visit soon! Your photos makes me want to visit again!!

    Natalie
    http://passportout.asia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm already excited for next visit. I'll be waiting for your adventure post soon!

      Delete
  13. Stunning photos! I've never been to Asia but I plan on going to Hong Kong soon ah :)

    xo,

    Emma
    http://www.sassystreet.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I heard Hong Kong is amazing. Hope you'll have a visit soon xx

      Delete